articles of interest
Special Education<< return to main topics
The following is a list of articles of interest that may be relevant to you. Clicking on each link will take you directly to the website containing the information. These sites are not controlled by AABMH and thus we cannot guarantee the validity of their content. All information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient or site visitor and his or her physician or mental health provider.
Visit our Self-Help References for a more detailed list of the conditions we treat. Use our search tool below to search the web for more information:
Links & Resources
Here are some resources that will provide more information related to special education and learning disabilities.
- • California Department of Education: Special Education Division
- • US Dept. of Education: Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- • Los Angeles Unified School District: Office of Special Education
- • Learning Disabilities Association of America
- • National Association of Parents with Children in Special Education
- • Autism Society of America
- • International Dyslexia Association
News & ArticlesClick on each topic for more links related to each condition.
- Internet Special Education Resources
- Understanding Special Education: A Parent Guide
- Special Education Organizations You Need to Know
- Learning Disabilities in Children: Types of Learning Disorders and Their Signs
- LD Online: The world's leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD
- Learning Disabilities and Problems
- The rising tide of Autism
- Treating Children with Autism