articles of interest
Severe Mental Illnesses<< return to main topics
The following is a list of articles of interest that may be relevant to you. Clicking on each link will take you directly to the website containing the information. These sites are not controlled by AABMH and thus we cannot guarantee the validity of their content. All information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient or site visitor and his or her physician or mental health provider.
Visit our Self-Help References for a more detailed list of the conditions we treat. Use our search tool below to search the web for more information:
Links & Resources
Here are some resources that will provide more information related to severe mental illnesses including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, post-traumatics stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and others.
- • National Alliance on Mental Illness
- • Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- • National Bipolar Foundation
- • North American Society for Childhood Onset Schizophrenia
- • The Balanced Mind Foundation
- • International OCD Foundation
- • Dept. of Veteran's Affairs: National Center on PTSD
News & ArticlesClick on each topic for more links related to each condition.
- Mental Illnesses - By Illness
- Understanding Severe Mental Illness
- With Mental Illness, 'Serious' Is A Slippery Term
- Government survey finds that 5 percent of Americans suffer from a 'serious mental illness'
- Serious Mental Illness and Parenting
- 15 Ways To Support a Loved One with Serious Mental Illness
- Adults with Co-Occurring Serious Mental Illness and a Substance Use Disorder
- Serious & Persistent Mental Illness
- When Severe Mental Illness Keeps You from Working